An excellent career opportunity for lawyers seeking a senior legal counsel position in the public sector or for current in-house senior legal counsels seeking new challenges.
As the lead of the in-house legal team with a diverse portfolio in areas such as legislation, licensing, prosecution, contracts (local and overseas), claims (statutory, contractual and common law), intellectual property law, land law, company secretarial work, special projects and providing legal advice to the Authority’s 15 functional groups, you will have more than ample opportunities to hone your legal skills and grow in your legal expertise.
You will oversee the legal framework and legal principles to protect the Authority’s interest and to meet the organisation’s goals and operational needs.
You will provide legal support, strategic advice, guidance and corporate secretarial services.
You will ensure all the commitments / agreements made by the Authority are in accordance with legislation and legal principles and to defend claims made on the Authority in a cost-effective manner.
Maintain relevance of main and subsidiary legislation under the Authority’s purview.
You will also be the Corporate Secretary of the Authority ensuring proper conduct of all affairs of the Board, including Board meetings and maintaining their proper records, and good governance of the Authority’s businesses.
- Degree in Law (LLB)
- An advocate and solicitor under Legal Profession Act
- Those with litigation experience and the ability to provide sound advice to the Chairman and Chief Executive on general commercial/ technology/licensing contracts are preferred
- Pro-active, solution and service-oriented mind-set
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- At least 15 years of post-qualification experience in both private practice and in-house, with managerial or supervisory capacity
Qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed resumes in MS Word format to the following consultant:
Name: Nancy Teo
EA No.: R1106963
Direct line: 6692 8006/9654 8990
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated in strictest confidence.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be notified.
HRM3 Asia Pte Ltd
Licence No. 00C4167